Friday, August 28, 2009

Hold On

When the events of the day shake you up, don't let them shake you loose. Remember the Source of your hope, and the power of His promise. Hold on to the hope that is in you, and remember that circumstances change from day to day, but Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Circumstances are unpredictable and life is precarious. What you expect to be the order of the day, may or may not be what actually happens. Often we don't have control over events that unfold around us. However, if you are like me, you may think that you should be able to control what happens. This would be nice, but it isn't reality. Never are we more powerless to control circumstances than when the events that unfold are precipitated by the actions of others. People often do things that I can't begin to understand, and their actions have a profound impact that may alter the reality of my day. I have a choice in how I respond to their actions. I can choose to let their actions ruin my day, or I can choose to remain confident in God's promises and hold on to a hope that is anchored in Him, rather that the circumstances that surround me.

No comments:

Post a Comment