Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All is Well

God is in control..........Do we really believe it? Typically as humans we want everthing to work out well in our lives. But sometimes we mess things up. All the while God is silently working His plan. His plan always works, in spite of our human frailties. He even uses human mistakes, and weaves them along with their consequences, into His plan. God turns something that could have been bad, into something good. When we put our lives and all we do into His hands, we can rest assured that He is in control. I was listening to a song by Robin Mark this past week entitled "All Is Well." I was struck by the power and truth of the words. One line in the song says....'I know not all His plans, but I know I'm in His hands'...'All is well with my soul'....'He is God in control." I think of Jesus asleep in the back of the boat as He and the disciples crossed the Sea of Galilee. A strong storm came upon them suddendly and violently rocked the boat. The disciples thought they were going to capsize. Jesus wasn't worried. He is God in Control. When they frantically woke him, he said, "Why can't you trust me?" (Luke 8:25 MSG) Who do you trust more? God, and his plan?, or your own ability to control the circumstances of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment